During the process of installing and using the KBVision DVR, you must have encountered the problem of forgetting the password on the D5 series DVR of Kbvision, because So in this article, I will guide you how to reset KBvision’s D5 series DVR password by Downgrade Firmware.
I. Applicable equipment
- This manual is applicable to Kbvision D5 series DVRs, specifically with the following models: KX-7104D5, KX-7104TD4, KX-7108D5, KX-7108TD5, KX-8104D5 , KX-8104TD5
- The device is using Firmware released after the date: 11-09-2017, which can be distinguished by viewing the login interface. input on the TV screen via HDMI, if you see the line: “Forgot password?” or “Forgot password?”
- For devices get no line: “Forgot your password?” or “Forgot password?”, you can reset your password using Super Password, get the code here: https://cctvwiki.com/ reset-mat-khau-kbvision/
To Downgrade Firmware for DVR, you need:
- Download Downgrade file: Here
- Prepare 1 USB 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB and format it in FAT32 (MBR)
III. How to do it
- Step 1: Format USB according to FAT32 (MBR) standard
- Step 2: Extract the downloaded file, then then copy 2 files: “u-boot.bin.img” and “update.img” into the root directory of the USB (do not put in subfolders)
- Step 3: Unplug the DVR
- Step 4: Plug the USB into the rear port on the DVR
- Step 5: Plug in the power to the DVR
- Step 6: Wait for the DVR to boot up (about 3 to 5 minutes). Then set a new password for the DVR. The default password is: 123456 or admin. At this time, the recorder will not display the Kbvision Logo and does not support the Kbvision.tv domain name
- Step 7: If you want to use the free Kbvision.tv domain name, download the firmware below and proceed. upgrade for the recorder.
- Step 8: Restore the factory settings (Factory Default) back to the DVR to apply the changes after upgrading the new Firmware.
New Firmware Download Link: http://drive.google .com/drive/folders/1LO_vU7cvfHjcbEJSRc7s33c-MrwdSzJd
Besides resetting by Downgrade Firmware, you can follow Reset password by Email here: