Are you wondering if continuous recording will increase storage capacity if you enable motion detection?
To answer the above question, let’s find out through this article.
Setting up test equipment
I will test on 2 Camera SD2A200-GN-AW-PV with the same parameters as follows:
- Firmware used: V2.810.100Z001.0.R. Release date: 2022-08-22
- Use Sandisk 32GB memory card
- H.265, CBR, 2048 birate recording
One camera only turns on continuous recording, the other camera turns on a combination of continuous and motion recording.
After 4 hours of operation (a lot of movement), the following results are obtained:
1. Enable continuous recording only:
2. Combination of continuous and motion recording
Acquired the same storage capacity:
Conclusion: When continuous recording is enabled, adding motion capture will not take up extra space. archive.
Thank you for reading this post!!!