Today I will show you how to open the modem port to install install remote camera view. Opening the port for the camera and using the domain name will help connect to the camera faster when using Cloud P2P. Also in case of remote pull also need to open the port. This guide is applicable to ZTE 4G CPE and equivalent product lines.
Whether you open the port of any Router / Modem, any carrier. You need to prepare yourself some of the following requirements:
- Identifies the IP address of the DVR and the ports to open.
- Identifies the IP address of the modem (on cmd -> type ipconfig -> see address of Gateway)
- Computer or phone and camera receiver must be connected Connect to the Internet of Router/ Modem.
Step 1: Login to ZTE 4G CPE Modem
- Log in to your modem by opening a web browser and typing : http://192.168.0.1 (default). The modem interface will appear and you will be asked to log in.
- Default login information is printed on the sticker below the Modem. The default Account/Password is usually: admin / admin.
Step 2: Open Port
Do the following to open the Port:
- IP Address: Enter the IP address of the camera or recorder.
- Port Range: Enter the port you want to open. .
- Protocol: Default TCP, selectable UDP or TCP+UDP depending on the device.
Finally press ‘ Apply ‘ to Add port.
Example: As shown above, it is opening port 37777 for device with IP address: 192.168.0.99
After opening the Port, you will see the following:
Step 3: Check port opening
After opening the port. You need to check if your port is open or not.
- By going to ping.eu then you select the item Port Check.
- Browser will redirect to another page here you do the following:
- Click on the number after the text Your IP is
- In the box IP address or host name will appear that sequence of numbers
- In the box Port Number you enter the ports you have opened. press Go.
- If the results are as shown above, you are successful. In contrast, as shown in the image below, you are not successful, need to recheck the steps performed in on.
Good luck with your installation!!!