When installing surveillance cameras, image storage is almost mandatory. With a modern camera system today, there will be many methods to store images (Storage via hard drive on the DVR, store directly on the memory card installed in the camera, save to the NAS unit, FTP, save it locally on your computer…).
In the above methods, there will be 2 common storage methods, depending on the requirements of saving long-term or saving, that is saving on recorder and saving on memory card directly.
Why use a camera that supports memory cards?
- When using a Camera that supports Micro SD memory cards, you won’t need an external recorder and hard drive. Just insert a Memory Card into the camera’s slot to instantly capture images, very simple and convenient.
- When installing CCTV cameras need to arrange lines, buy additional receivers as well as storage devices… that’s why the cost of installing cameras is often high and very expensive. Using a camera that supports a memory card can save you money and make it easier to review the data remotely through the software.
- Also, even if you use Using the DVR as usual, inserting a memory card in parallel also helps to limit data loss when there is a power failure or this error occurs to the DVR (the receiver cannot record continuously). . 256GB.
- In addition, the storage time of the camera may vary because the clearer the image, the heavier the image size and will take up more space in the memory, so the number of days saved get less.
Which memory card should I use for the camera?
Besides choosing a quality camera, the memory card is one of the most important components to help store images for review when needed. That is why it is necessary to choose a quality and suitable memory card.
Currently on the market there are many different types of memory cards for users to choose from. However, in order not to encounter situations such as memory cards that cannot record, quickly deteriorate, etc., we need to choose a quality memory card of a reputable brand.
Some types of memory cards that I and my friends in the technical team trust:
- SanDisk Ultra 16GB 80MB/s 533x SDSQUNS-016G-GN3MN
- SanDisk Ultra A1 32GB 120MB/s SDSQUA4-032G-GN6MN
- SanDisk Ultra 64GB 100MB/s 667x SDSQUNR-064G-GN3MN
- SanDisk Extreme V30 A1 667x 32GB 100MB/s SDSQXAF-032G
- SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A1 667x 32GB 100MB/s SDSQXCG-032G
- Kingston Canvas Select Plus 32GB Class 10 U1 100MB/s
- Samsung EVO Plus U1 32GB 95MB/s MB-MC32G< /li>
- Lexar U3 V30 A2 512GB 633x 100MB/s LSDMI512BBAP633A
- Kingmax 64GB KMAX64GMCSDUHSP-1
The above are some brands of memory cards that I have used for Camera. In addition, there are many other good quality memory card brands on the market. To choose a memory card, you should choose from reputable stores, shops, contact information, clear warranty policy.
Good luck and choose a memory card for the best Camera!