In this article, I will show you how to Livestream to Facebook, Youtube directly with Camera without using middleware. This method uses the built-in RTMP protocol on the Camera.
Livestream or streaming video today are no longer unfamiliar terms in daily life. But what are the technologies behind these Livestreams, let’s find out in this article.
1. What is RTMP?
RTMP is a protocol developed by Adobe, used to transmit audio and video with Adobe Flash Player. It’s like 10 years ago when you went to the net, to watch videos you had to install Adobe Flash Player for IE, for example. Because flash webs were very popular at that time.
The advantage of RTMP is very low latency. The downside is that it is Flash-based, nowadays Flash is outdated and less and less devices support it. In addition, bit-rate streaming is limited, and Apple devices do not support RTMP.
2. Which camera supports RTMP?
The RTMP function is mostly supported on Dahua 2 series IPCs and above, and some WiFi Cameras such as:
- DH-IPC-HFW1230DT-STW (Body – 2MP)
- DH-IPC-HDW1230DT-STW (Dome- 2MP)
- DH-IPC-HFW1430DT- STW (Body – 4MP)
- DH-IPC-HFD1230DT-STW (Dome – 4MP)
- IMOU: IPC-G22EP, IPC-G26EP, IPC-G42EP, IPC-D22EP, …
You can see it in the product’s Spec:
3. Set up video and audio streams from Camera
In this article, I will guide you step-by-step how to perform Livestream on Facebook (similar Youtube). The specific steps are as follows:
4. Create Link Livestream on Facebook
5. Push Video Stream from Camera to Facebook
After creating the Livestream Link, paste the newly created Link into the RTMP section on the Camera:
Wait about 15 seconds, the video stream will be pushed to Facebook.
That’s it! Good luck!